Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Jerry and Ostrich Burgers, Oct 5

Tonight I went to the SandPoint restaurant in Camps Bay with the girls. As we were walking in, Liz and her friend started whispering. Come to find out Gerard Butler was also dining at the restaurant! The waiter placed us in the table right next to his, (coincidentally?) and I sat directly across from him (on purpose, of course :) We were exceptionally giggly throughout the meal, acting like true Americans. I ordered an ostrich burger (my first one yet!). It was good, but extremely messy. Regardless of the fact that Gerard Butler was sitting in direct view 4 feet away from me, I continued to stuff my face, and engulf my extremely messy ostrich burger. It was so delicious! Upon leaving the restaurant my friend asked him if she could get a picture with him. We all met Jerry and took a picture with him. We then chatted with him for about 5 minutes about what we were doing in Cape Town. When we left the restaurant, we were in complete shock, and couldn't stop talking about it. Best celebrity to meet ever! (I loved the movie "PS I Love You":)

Besides meeting Gerard Butler, this week has been pretty normal. It has been really hot here (in the 80's), which has been nice. I love wearing shorts! I have gone swimming in the pool twice in the last 24 hours despite the fact that it is 65 degrees. Last night I went swimming after my run instead of showering. Don't judge me. And then after class today I went swimming again. I laid in the sun while doing homework. It was marvelous. I absolutely love looking at the view of Devil's Peak, as I lie underneath the huge tree in our garden.

I am continuing to do research on my SANTA topic. I spent the whole day at the National Library on Monday, and I was super depressed. It is not a very fun library. Tomorrow I have to go there again (for my third time in 6 days...). Hopefully it will be the last time that I have to spend in the stuffy and old library...I only have three more weeks of classes, and then finals! YAY!

2 comments: