Tuesday, July 20, 2010

July 20, Orientation and Registration

Hello friends! Today wasn’t too exciting. We had yet another day of orientation. Today at orientation we learned about the many struggles and frustrations of registering for classes here at UCT. I also discovered that almost all of the classes I want to take conflict with each other, perfect. But it wasn’t all bad, I still found some cool classes to take and am praying that they all get approved. Also, I ate a really yummy sandwich today at the café. (random, I know) After the orientation we had to take a three-hour, awful and long standardized test. It was really bad, like a South African SAT test.

To reward us for suffering through the surprise standardized test, out study abroad program hosted a wine tasting session for us. They taught us how to taste wine like a pro (a great piece of advice for the future). It was fun, and I got a chance to play the piano that was in the room. I miss playing the piano a lot. After that me and my girlfriends went out to eat, and Amanda forced me to try acro-yoga. Acro-yoga stands for acrobat yoga, and involves two people doing acrobatical yoga stunts. Amanda was the base, which meant she was holding me up in the air in funny yoga positions with her feet. I couldn’t stop laughing, it was hilarious and awkward. I plan on doing acro-yoga again soon. And that’s about it for today….

Oh and I am thinking about going in a shark cage dive on Sunday. What do you all think?

No comments:

Post a Comment