Friday, July 23, 2010

Registration and Muizenburg, July 23

Today I woke up bright and early for the dreaded course registration process. I got there only to find that I was somehow not in the system. But after waiting in hours of ques, talking to multiple advisors, and running up and down the hill to get forms signed by faculty I am now officially signed up for three classes at UCT. I will be taking African Dance, Medicine in the making of South Africa, and another history course called “memory and identity.” The process took about 5 hours, and needless to say I will never again complain about any problems that WebReg poses at UCSD.

After the registration I met up with a fellow surfing friend from UCSD, Bryce. We decided to go to Muizenburg to go and surf. We hopped on the train and took it for about thirty minutes. At Muizenburg station we got off only to find that the surf was like 6 inches. We met up with another friend and decided to go look at the surf shops for used boards. We talked to some locals, found out that Muizenburg is like the best lonboarding spot around (yes!). I will hopefully be buying a board soon and I will probably be going out surfing this Sunday. YAY!

And that was it for today. Tomorrow we are hiking the dreaded Devil’s Peak. It is titled as a strenuous hike that is supposedly three hours straight uphill…great. Hopefully my knees will survive the downhill. Wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment