Thursday, September 23, 2010

Springtime is officially here! September 23

In honor of springtime officially arriving in Cape Town I chose to wear shorts today. The morning was sunny and it looked like today’s weather was going to be nice. But by 2 pm it was sprinkling, and I was questioning my decision. Luckily, many other students also decided to commemorate spring by wearing shorts, so I didn’t look totally ridiculous walking around campus while it was nearly raining.

I went running this morning. I have ran everyday for the past week. But unfortunately I think I may have pulled a muscle in my leg again - or strained it at least. Either way, I had trouble walking to school today. I walked like a gimp up the hill, undoubtedly looking pretty ridiculous.

Last night I volunteered with SHAWCO. We went to a township called Joe Slovo. I worked in the paeds mobile, so I got to see a lot of small babies with many minor ailments. None of the children had anything seriously wrong with them, that we saw, which is always a good thing.

Tonight I will hopefully be hiking up Lion’s Head mountain for the full moon. It is the smallest of the mountains in Cape Town. It is a popular hike for people to do on a full moon because it is relatively easy and you get a view of the whole of Cape Town. So hopefully it won’t rain tonight, and we’ll get a good sunset.

Tomorrow is a public holiday, so I don’t have any class! I will be going to Hermanus with Kate, Kevin, and Liz for the Hermanus Whale Watching Festival. I want to go kayaking with the whales! We are renting a car and driving there on Friday and coming back on Saturday. We will be staying at the Hermanus backpackers hostel. I will let you all know how the weekend goes (hopefully I won’t get smushed by a jumping whale as I am kayaking :).

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you're expecting a quick recovery form the pulled muscle I guess. Stay clear of the whales.

    ReplyDelete