Thursday, August 5, 2010

Koi fish surfboard, August 5

Today I had class. Not too exciting. I did two things of interest today:

First, I played the piano at the student Y. I met a guy named Mark, (pronounced Mahk :) from Kenya. He pushed me off the piano, and played me some of his pieces. I was very jealous with his ability to memorize technical pieces. I have never been good at memorizing pieces all the way through, thus why I like to improvise so much. He had like ten classical pieces memorized, crazy!

Secondly, I had my inaugural surf session with my new board. My dad says it looks like a koi fish…hopefully sharks don’t eat koi. After class I met up with my friend Vinnie on the train. We went down to Muzberg only to find that the wind was like 30 knots. The surf wasn’t good, but we paddled out anyways. I caught reforming waves, because I was too lazy to paddle all the way to the outside. But I did manage to catch one fun little right, and get some walking in. This board is a better noserider than my one at home, yay! We only lasted 45 minutes in the water (the sun had already set). We showered, changed out of our wetsuits, and then caught the train back to Rondebosch. On the trains people sell snacks. We bought little hand-packaged peanut bags for 2R (which is like 25 cents). I wish that people on our trains in the US sold 25 cent packages of peanuts.

And those are the two interesting things that happened in my life today. I will be gone this weekend, so no blogs for like 4 days! I will be at a camp in Simon’s Town, put on by the Student Y. There are supposed to be 150 university students. I’m excited, I’ll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment