Monday, August 2, 2010

Laundrytime, August 2

Today was a relatively uneventful Monday. I ran around doing errands. I did however get to sit down and play piano at the Student Y building. Although the piano is quite used (with a few important keys either missing/broken) it was great to sit down for a bit and play songs that I made up and worship songs. The hall was empty, so I sang and played for quite a while. I felt so happy after playing the piano and worshipping, and the joy lasted me the entirety of the day. It was great :)

After playing the piano I embarked upon my last errand, which was laundry. I have managed to go without doing my laundry for two and a half weeks (a personal record). I was down to my last pair of socks and underwear, and thus I knew that I could no longer hold out. I threw all of my laundry into one of my huge suitcases and headed down the road to the Laundromat. I felt a little silly because to get to the Laundromat called “wash and web”, a dual Internet cafĂ©/Laundromat, I had to wheel my huge suitcase down my street and along Main Road. I eventually made it to my destination and put my laundry in for a wash. While my laundry was washing I went to go get some lunch. After lunch I returned, put my laundry into the drier, ran my wet clothes up to the house for hang drying, and ran back down to the Laundromat. I walked up the hill to get to my house too many times today.

Unfortunately my clothes didn’t dry in the first drying cycle, so I had to put them in for another cycle. In the end it took me approximately 3.45 hours to wash my clothes, and cost me 60R (which is approximately $8 - laundry here is a little more expensive). It was quite an ordeal. I think I will take my laundry to be washed at the cleaners next time.

Besides laundry and piano playing I didn’t do much else today. I am still feeling a bit sick, but definitely not as bad as Sunday. With the amount of sleep and vitamin C that my body is taking in, I should be healthy by Friday! (Oh, on Friday I am going on a retreat with the Student Y for the weekend. It should be really cool. It lasts for four days, and I’ll hopefully be able to get to know some of the students better. Thus I won’t be writing that weekend. We are staying in dorms, and it is kinda like a church camp thing…or so I gathered. There are about 150 students signed up for it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment