Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Rain and Wellington, August 24

Sorry that I have been slacking on the blogging (as my dad recently reprimanded me for). School has picked up and I find myself doing lots of schoolwork and not much else to blog about. But here is what I have been up to lately/thinking about:

1. This weekend I was very sick. Luckily I am feeling a lot better now due to the magical “Corenza C.” I think I will stockpile this Afrikaans drug, and make sure to bring some home. Hopefully customs won’t mind?

2. I went to Wellington this weekend to visit the Bliss’s. Deborah and David Bliss had me, and Jade (a visiting Harvard graduate student) over to their cabin. It was an “ex-slave quarter” located on a farm that is now used for organic farming. It was a very stormy weekend and did not stop raining the whole time. Deborah made us delicious Mexican Enchiladas (she grew up in San Diego also :). I think she knew how much I had been missing Mexican food. Needless to say, I probably gained five pounds from this weekend! We listened to records, talked about missions work, and ate by the fireplace as the rain pounded overhead. It was splendid. We stayed in the loft of their cabin, and could hear the rain pouring down onto the tin roof above our heads as we fell asleep. In the morning we attended Deborah’s Presbyterian church, toured the town of Wellington, and visited some friends on a Vineyard. I had a lot of fun this weekend, and would love to go back!

3. I have been getting better at cooking! It is a gradual process, but today I made some delicious chicken pasta and had some garlic potato wedges on the side. My meals are random, but nonetheless improving.

4. I have two papers and a presentation due next week, so this weekend promises to be slightly unbearable. Wish me luck!

5. I am slightly obsessed by “Iron & Wine” right now, definitely digging this music.

6. I hope to go surfing this weekend (given that I am feeling better), and will probably play piano for worship this Friday! Yay!

And those are some of the random things I have been up to. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment